Friday, July 15, 2011

It's My Birthday...

Yes, it's true. In a few more days, I'll be turning... hack... cough... hackhack... oh, it hurts to say... 50. Fifty. 5-oh. It's painful. Nothing is where it used to be (ladies, you know what I mean). Everything has dropped a good three inches, and the scale has never said THOSE numbers to me before!

So, as I approach this new stage of my life with melancholy and a great yearning for my youth, I thought that instead of showering me with presents - because I know you're all aching to do just that - it would be nice to donate to a worthy organization!

I've been volunteering with PAWS for seven years, and not only do I love working with the animals, I treasure what I've learned along the way.

So many patient people took the time to teach me how to get a nasty sweet and loving, but very sick, cat to take a pill (have you ever tried to pill a Persian?!), give fluids to critically ill puppies without crying my eyes out, and handle the adopting public, who all think they should have that doggy in the kennel, even though he outweighs their 3-year-old by a good oh, 135 lbs.

If you're so inclined, I'm raising money for our annual Bark in the Park dog walk/festival and fundraiser. The two dogs pictured on my fundraising page (also at left) are Charlie and Oliver, both PAWS graduates who wouldn't be here today if they didn't have the love and support of a no-kill shelter like PAWS.

So, if you have an extra buck or two to spare, Team Charles & Oliver would be happy to add it to our fundraising goal! They send sloppy kisses to you as thanks for your support!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...