Sunday, July 10, 2011

My First Transport!

On Saturday, I had the honor of helping MARS (Mini Aussie Rescue and Support) to transport this gorgeous boy to his foster family. 


I met up with his former guardians in New York and drove him to Massachusetts where I (reluctantly) turned him over to his foster family (they live in New Hampshire). I say "reluctantly" because he's such a sweet gentleman, I considered dognapping him for myself!

I first learned about MARS after Lucy, my mini, came into my life over 13 years ago. She's not a rescue, but I still think it's important to support minis who aren't as lucky as she is. 

MARS is a 501(c)3 national organization run entirely by volunteers. Learn more about their mission here.

I may have found my new rescue/volunteer calling!
  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...